Terms and conditions
Below you will find the General Terms and Conditions of the Leiden International Film Festival, which apply to all Products and Services provided by LIFF and the use of the website liff.nl. By using the website liff.nl and LIFF’s Products and Services, the visitor to the website and the film festival (hereinafter: ‘Visitor’) accepts these General Terms and Conditions.
- Leiden International Film Festival / LIFF: Stichting Start, located at Breestraat 31, 2311 CH, Leiden.
- General Terms and Conditions: LIFF’s general terms and conditions as included in this document.
- Service: LIFF’s platform where Visitors can watch films and attend events via their own devices, for payment or not.
- Products: Tickets and passes that enable Visitors to attend LIFF film screenings and other events and LIFF merchandise, sold through shop.liff.nl.
- Visitor: persons who use the (online) Products and Services of LIFF and the website visitor of liff.nl.
- Location: the place where film screenings and events take place, this can be either online or at a physical location.
- Parties: LIFF and the Visitor jointly.
- Transaction: The Visitor pays an amount, through which the Parties enter into a legal relationship, where LIFF provides access to certain content online or film screenings/events for a certain period of time.
- Agreement: Any agreement between the Parties.
- These General Terms and Conditions shall apply to all offers, orders for legal relationships and Agreements under which LIFF supplies Products or Services of whatever nature to the Visitor, even if these Products or Services are not described (or not further described) in these General Terms and Conditions.
- LIFF rejects the applicability of any general terms and conditions used by Visitor.
- The parties can only agree to deviations from the General Terms and Conditions in writing. LIFF is entitled to amend the General Terms and Conditions and to declare amended General Terms and Conditions applicable to Agreements. The amended General Terms and Conditions can be viewed on LIFF’s website.
After the Visitor orders an admission ticket and/or visits an (online) event, the Parties automatically enter into a legal relationship under which LIFF provides access to certain content online or physical film screenings/events for a certain period of time. It is not possible to undo or cancel this. LIFF shall not refund amounts already paid.
- To order tickets for the Leiden International Film Festival you need a My LIFF account. In order to purchase tickets for film screenings and events organized by LIFF via liff.nl, or to gain access to paid content offered online by LIFF, the Visitor must first register once on the website. The visitor then creates a My LIFF account, in which the latter declares his acceptance of these General Terms and Conditions.
- After logging in to My LIFF, it becomes possible for the Visitor to purchase tickets for film screenings and events. It is only possible to make payments after logging in. The My LIFF account is linked to the Visitor’s e-mail address. LIFF needs this e-mail address to send the tickets to the Visitor and to inform the Visitor in a timely manner of any changes in the program.
- Every transaction done with the My LIFF account is done by the Visitor or done with the Visitor’s permission. Misuse/improper use of the My LIFF account is for the Visitor’s account and risk. If the Visitor wishes to gain access to physical film screenings and events without a My LIFF account, it is possible to purchase tickets through LIFF’s physical box offices, the locations of which LIFF announces in a timely manner through the website. It is not possible to access paid online content of LIFF without My LIFF account.
Access will be denied without a valid ticket. After the start of an event or film screening on location, access will no longer be granted. Online access will still be granted for a short time after the start of the program, but no reduction in price will be made. Admission is only for the Visitor with a valid ticket purchased on the website liff.nl or through the physical box office. Tickets purchased with Cineville, CJP, LeidsePas or accreditation cards are personal and must be shown at the entrance to the screening location in combination with the valid (discount) pass.
- LIFF is committed to a safe environment and respects the house rules or any general conditions of all festival locations. The Visitor also respects the house rules and general conditions of all festival locations.
- Visitors must follow the instructions of the venue and LIFF staff at all times.
- It is not permitted to make recordings during LIFF programs unless prior written permission has been granted by LIFF’s Marketing & Publicity Department.
- LIFF assumes no liability for personal injury or damage and/or loss to the Visitor’s property during their visit to a LIFF venue.
- Inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. Should you unexpectedly experience this, LIFF invites the Visitor to immediately inform the LIFF location manager about this. The LIFF location manager can take action on this, such as removing the Visitor who does not comply with the rules.
- When the Visitor is in or near a festival location, it is possible that the Visitor may be photographed or filmed by LIFF or by external parties, resulting in publication and commercial distribution.
LIFF considers it important to treat the Visitor’s and the Visitor’s personal data with care. This also applies to the data that LIFF registers in its automated systems for its services. We do this in accordance with the guidelines of the AVG. Visitors are deemed to have taken note of LIFF’s privacy statement, which can be consulted on LIFF’s website, and to consent to the processing of their personal data as described therein.
- The intellectual property rights to the LIFF ticket belong to LIFF.
- The Visitor shall refrain from conduct that could harm LIFF’s rights or other interests.
- The Visitor shall not be permitted to remove or alter any indication concerning copyright, brands, trade names or other industrial property rights from the ticket, or to make any change to the form or any other characteristic of the ticket.
- The Visitor is prohibited from forging, duplicating or reproducing the Ticket in any way.
- The Agreement does not transfer any intellectual property right from LIFF to Visitor.
- If LIFF is liable to Visitor in the context of its obligations, LIFF’s liability on account of a breach of contract or a wrongful act shall be limited to compensation of direct damage up to at most the amount that was or can be charged to Visitor for the tickets, unless the damage is the result of intent and/or gross negligence on the part of LIFF or its subordinates.
- In all cases, LIFF’s liability for an attributable failure to perform an Agreement shall arise only if the Visitor gives LIFF prompt written notice of default, in which a reasonable period is given to remedy the failure, and LIFF continues to fail imputably in the performance of its obligations even after that period. The notice of default must contain a description of the shortcoming that is as complete and detailed as possible so that LIFF is able to respond adequately.
- Visitor shall indemnify LIFF for all third-party claims relating to Visitor’s failure to comply or comply inadequately with any obligation to LIFF, whether or not arising from the General Terms and Conditions.
- A condition for the creation of any right to compensation shall always be that the Visitor reports the damage to LIFF in writing as soon as possible after it occurs.
- LIFF can at no time be held liable for any form of damage to or loss of the ticket. In case of loss or theft, the Visitor cannot claim a replacement ticket or refund of any monies. LIFF shall also not be liable for any delay or failure to deliver tickets if the delay or failure to deliver or deliver tickets incorrectly cannot be attributed to LIFF.
- LIFF in no way accepts liability for Tickets obtained by Visitor from third parties. LIFF cannot guarantee their authenticity either.
- LIFF shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any damage suffered by the holder of this Ticket as a result of acts or omissions of third parties.
- Force majeure means every shortcoming that cannot be attributed to LIFF because it is not due to LIFF’s fault and is not at LIFF’s expense by virtue of the law, legal transaction or generally accepted practice.
- The parties agree that force majeure shall also be understood to mean all (local) consequences of a pandemic that were unknown at the time an Agreement was concluded.
- Without prejudice to its other rights, LIFF shall be entitled in the event of force majeure, LIFF shall be entitled to suspend the execution of the Visitor’s order by notifying the Visitor in writing and without LIFF being obliged to pay any compensation, unless this would be unacceptable in the given circumstances according to standards of reasonableness.
- These General Terms and Conditions and the Agreement are exclusively
- Any disputes between the Parties arising out of or related to these General Terms and Conditions or any Agreement shall be.